permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Rockdust Revisited

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Rockdust Revisited
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 13:31:06 -0500

Keith Johnson wrote:

> I've been using rock dusts for the last 20 years on my own gardens and those of my clients and in every single case the difference in both plant and soil health,pest and
> disease resistance, and growth is quite impressive. When Y2K "threatened", we at Earthaven bought tons of lime, green sand and rock phosphate just in case.....

ACRES USA has reported on successes with rock minerals for at least 30 years because it works.

Pure environmentally clean finely ground rock dudts can be had free for the hauling from nearly all rock quarrries - this material is nearly as valuable as rock phosphate and greensand
and adds significantly to the flavor and nutritional quality of crops.