permaculture - Re: [permaculture] stove-fuel emmissions

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture list <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] stove-fuel emmissions
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:28:20 -0800

On 2/15/05 3:02 AM, "david cuthbertson" <scienceinthegreen@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> Hi,
> My father is a retired combustion engineer with
> potential access to emissions analysis equipment

David: Aprovecho Research Center in Cottage Grove, OR, (www.aprovecho.net)
has developed several low-emission, high efficiency stove designs that they
install in much of the less-developed world. They work with the UN and other
NGOs. Wood, (and only very occasionally gasoline or diesel) is pretty much
the only fuel that is affordable for these people. Check with Aprovecho, as
they've done a huge amount of this work already, both culturally and
technically, and know combustion science pretty well.

Toby
www.patternliteracy.com