permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Sunchoke

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul Kosuth <prkosuth@ll.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Sunchoke
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 14:22:48 -0600

I think that if you can work the ground now, just put them now. In southern Illinois I just leave some from the fall or redistribute them just like flower bulbs. I started mine with supermarket stock as well.

Paul K

Anne Erlandson wrote:

I just picked up some sunchoke tubers from the supermarket (organic section) with the idea of getting them started in my garden. I was wondering if I should start them in a pot indoors till the weather warms up, or if I could just stick them in the ground somewhere and cross my fingers? I'm in Seattle - zone 8.