permaculture - Re: [permaculture] taking permaculture to national television

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture list <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] taking permaculture to national television
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 14:35:08 -0800

On 11/27/04 8:29 PM, "The Stamblers" <stambler_k_d@lycos.com> wrote:

> i'm new to this list, and i'm interested in getting the word out about
> permaculture to a nationwide television audience on cable.

There have been a couple of segments of the PBS show, "Victory Garden" and
segments of another PBS show whose name I have forgotten--the New Gardener
or some such, that have featured Pc sites (Santa Fe designers Ben Haggard
and Joel Glanzberg have done some of those). I have done a segment on a
cable show, HGTV's "Gardening by the Yard" that will air this spring (11
million viewers), and a friend, Ayernye McGuire, and I are working on a
couple of projects (he works with Woody Harelson, Norman Lear, and a bunch
of other heavies at http://www.treemedia.com )

So there are a few things happening that I know about, and I'm sure there
are others. Good luck; the interest is out there. Ideas just need to be
pitched properly to get a good hearing.

Toby
www.patternliteracy.com