permaculture - Re: [permaculture] honey locust trees

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jay Woods <woodsjay@cox.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] honey locust trees
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:18:08 -0400

On a more helpful basis (than my writing that the email address is no good),
IMHO seedless (male) honey locust trees are propagated not from seed but by
cuttings. There are no markers that will indicate which trees are female
until they start setting seed. You could propagate from cuttings, by
stooling, or from roots. You could also overplant from seed (by a factor of
two) and rogue 90% of the males (as soon as they express that trait).