permaculture - [permaculture] Re: permaculture activist

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Will Carey <cure@rtinet.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: permaculture activist
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:17:41 -0700

Tony...

I'm on vacation for a month starting tomorrow. Otherwise, I'd contribute an
article. I love the subject of fire.... But then, I live in Linn county...
The Grass Seed Burning capital of the world.

Here's a couple of suggestions, though.

1. Contact Wilderness Firefighter magazine in Springfield for some
suggested reprints... Maybe do some cross-promotion?

2. Find some kind of article on Fuel Loading and Fireproofing of
property... Especially timbered property.

3. Find an article on prescribed burning?

4. I've got a video somewhere in my library on prescribed burn in forest
lot management in my library, but I don't have the time to look for it.

5. You might check with Allan Savory about reprinting Ch. 41 on Burning
from his Holistic Management.

I've also forwarded your posting to a friend of mine from Eugene.. Kyle
deBord, who is a former timber worker and wilderness firefighter.... Also a
writer, but with a minimal knowledge of Permaculture.

-- Will Carey, Director
Center for Urban & Rural Ecology
32861 Lake Creek Drive
Halsey, OR 97348
cure@rtinet.com
541.369.2936

on 8/12/04 9:11 AM, permaculture-request@lists.ibiblio.org at
permaculture-request@lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> Other possible topics include:
>
> -Designing for catastrophe
> -Teaching about disaster and catastrophe design
> -Dealing with fire, mudflow, storm, flood, etc.
> -A permaculture perspective on 9/11 and the post-9/11 world
> -Disaster protection in different climates
> -Natural building and disaster (a piece on earthen buildings and
> earthquakes, fire, flood, etc. would be very useful.)
> -Drought-proofing strategies from a permaculture perspective.
> Or other related articles.
>
> We will also consider re-printing suitable articles from magazines, books,
> or web sites, so if you have seen such, please let me know.

  • [permaculture] Re: permaculture activist, Will Carey, 08/12/2004