permaculture - [permaculture] .hibiscus.flower.petals.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] .hibiscus.flower.petals.
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 21:46:36 -0700

to add another question into the mix,

does anyone know of a use for hibiscus flower petals? my cousin started
a juice company, they make agua de jamaica (hibiscus flower juice), and
have the petals leftover:

"I am ready to do my next bottling run and I thought about you. Do you
know who might want to use my discarded hibiscus flower petals. This is
the stuff that is left over after we make the agua de jamaica and we just
throw it out. I thought there may be some kind of organic use for them
but I have no idea who to contact. I would be giving it away for free."

any ideas (besides straight up composting)? perhaps tea, dye, essential
oils, substrate for mushroom farming...?

would Love any suggestions

peace
*Stephanie

Stephanie Gerson