permaculture - RE [permaculture] Rabbits in a PC system

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "antonio scotti" <antonio.scotti@tiscali.es>
  • To: "pcibiblio" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE [permaculture] Rabbits in a PC system
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 13:35:06 +0200

Hello Michelle & Scott,
thanks for your ideas. Now that I think about your ideas it comes to my mind
that I have seen
such an arrangement in a project that I have visited (very fast!) recently
in the Canary Islands but mainly for chickens and guinea pigs.

How many rabbits/sq. mt is it safe to consider?

Michelle, in the cage system you are using how many rabbits are there in
each cage abd how big are they ?
What is their preferred food (apart from carrots :-) ) ?.
Do they eat kitchen scraps as well as chickens do?

Do they need a shelter and/or shade?
All the best
Antonio

  • RE [permaculture] Rabbits in a PC system, antonio scotti, 07/05/2004