permaculture - [permaculture] Re: visit to Ozarks

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Diver <steved@ncat.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: visit to Ozarks
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:31:00 -0500

Feel free to contact ATTRA - National Sustainable Agric Info
Service, located in Fayetteville, Arkansas, which is in the
Northwest part of the state... in the Ozarks. We have
contacts with sustainable and organic farmers, etc...
ATTRA
http://www.attra.ncat.org

Meadowcreek Project is no longer functioning as an
environmental education center. Yet, Meadowcreek, Inc.
still exists in land and buildings -- under the auspices of the
Humane Society of the U.S. -- and a few people are there
making a go of it through farming vegetables and pastured
poultry. It is pretty remote, but worth a visit. It is close
to Mtn View which is home of the Ozark Folk Center,
definitely worth visiting.... and a great place to hear
mountain music, bluegrass, folk, and so forth.
I don't read this permaculture list all the time, but I caught
your post. Feel free to get in touch and let's connect!!

<Rant on>
I noticed the Ibiblio.org archives have been toggled
into "private" mode. What a pity!! Permaculture has
nothing to hide, and the more access by Google, the
more people will learn about permaculture and the 1001
appropriate technologies and earth-saving gardening
methods and holistic concepts and principles that it offers...
from the collective wisdom of all these people...

I suggest that Permaculture at Ibiblio.org get toggled
back to public archives!! </Rant off>

Just got back from local Earth Day activities, talking
about organic food quality.... telling stories...
Steve Diver

George Anna Clark wrote:

Hello all,

I've tried several times in the past few months without success to send messages to this list, hope this makes it through.

I'll be visiting the Ozarks (USA) (from south-Central Mexico) the week of April 29th to May 6th, and am wondering if anybody in the area has a pig-rotating system that I could look at. Or if the Meadowcreek Project in Fox, Arkansas (can't find a website or email) has any interesting workshops at the moment. I found The Farm workshop schedule and have written them already.

thanks in advance,
George