permaculture - Re: [permaculture] used grain bags- Free for shipping and handling

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] used grain bags- Free for shipping and handling
  • Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 23:39:40 -0500

Kricket and Roy,
Have you considered building with those bags? Here, at Earthaven Ecovillage, we use the same kind of bag filled with gravel for the foundations of some of our homes. On a very classy cob composting toilet we used sand filled bags for a foundation. A neighbor used them filled with gravel for a lovely retaining wall which he subsequently plastered with concrete. If you really don't want them, I've got a client in KY (The Four Harmony Foundation, 9863 Lexington Road, Lancaster, KY 40444 tel: 859 548 4162 fax: 859 548 2628 email: info@4harmonyfoundation.com <mailto:info@4harmonyfoundation.com> ) who might be able to use them.
Keith

REMARCINC@aol.com wrote:

We have several hundred plastic mesh grain bags that we hate to throw away- they were used once to haul non-medicaled, chemical free horse grain - carry about 80 pounds each. White plastic mesh- sturdy- could be used as compost bags or ????
Will package and ship for our cost to do so.
Kricket and Roy
Witch Trot Farm
1692 Waddy Road
Lawrenceburg, KY 40342