permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: paulownias

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kevin Topek" <ktopek@houston.rr.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: paulownias
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 20:56:24 -0600

As far as I know and have researched, Paulownias are not nitrogen fixers.
They do not have any leguminous properties and I can find no reference to a
symbiotic bacterial relationship (nitrogen fixation). It appears they are
being touted worldwide as a rapidly growing hardwood. I found them to be
charming weeds.

Kevin