permaculture - [permaculture] Re: Permaculture around the world?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org, "Permaculture List" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: Permaculture around the world?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:23:15 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

>> Is there any data base or compendium of permaculture activities around the
>> world? I'm planning on reporting on same for a meeting this week and
>> relevant material seems scattered around.
>
> Indeed, its long been a problem with no central repository
> for contacts. Theres lots of sites with good local contacts
> but it can be quite a task to search them all.
>
> I've been thinking about making my own link page database
> driven so its easier to add link,

There's already a self-maintainable searchable DB in place at La'akea PC
gardens' site. It hasn't got much exposure so there's not much/many listed
yet - check it out and add stuff! Click on any of the links under the "serach
for" section at:

http://permaculture-hawaii.com/index.htm

...and there will also be a link on the search form page to add one's own
entry as site, teacher, event, etc. There are a few issues with entry vs.
display and so on but basically it seems to work.

- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing
People - Place - Learning - Integration
john@eco-living.net
http://eco-living.net

  • [permaculture] Re: Permaculture around the world?, John Schinnerer, 10/23/2003