permaculture - [permaculture] Thailand training

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sea.anicca@juno.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Thailand training
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:06:20 GMT

Greetings friends

Just wanted to share the following info about a training we are having in
Thailand, the first one of its kind, to build a permaculture center and home
for orphaned and abused children this Nov 6-Dec 18th.

please see www.kleiwerks.com/thailand.html
for more info.

THAILAND
6 WEEK PERMACULTURE PRINCIPLES COURSE & NATURAL BUILDING TRAINING: Design and
build a sustainable center for orphaned children in Northern Thailand.
November 6 - December 18, 2003
Phitsanulok, Central Thailand
Co-sponsors/Facilitators: Rosemary Morrow (Australia), Jon Jandai (Thailand),
Jim Connor & Nao Sangkara (Whispering Seed-Thailand), Em Ponna (Cambodia),
Janell Kapoor (USA), Aporn Pumpanna (Thailand)

Join leading permaculture teachers from 3 countries and 30 dedicated
activists from Southeast Asia and around the world. We will create a special
place, which will model sustainable living through permaculture, natural
building, organic farming, and holistic education. The Whispering Seed is a
village-based community learning center and home for orphaned and abused
children. They focus on finding the joy in serving others through
cross-cultural exchanges, sustainable living practices, and natural
childrearing.

In this hands-on intensive training course we will come up with an overall
design, develop the land, and build the first earthen dwellings at the new
home of The Whispering Seed. The training includes the full 72-hour
Permaculture Design and Practicum Certification requirements, along with
in-depth hands-on application of your newly learned skills. Also, Thailand's
foremost earthen builders will be leading the group in the construction of an
adobe and wattle and daub main house and other dwellings.

We will create organic gardens, orchards, and composting toilets; build
bamboo and mud houses; and learn how and where to plant and place things so
that functions and energy from each element serves multiple purposes with the
intention of creating a self-reliant system. Time permitting, we will also
work with rice paddy and cotton fields and do restorative planting on nearby
land that was recently cut and burned.

Cost is $1800-2200 which includes training, all meals and accommodation
during training, transportation during training and most importantly this
cost will support 15 Southeast Asian activists and community leaders to
attend the training.

Email kirti@kleiwerks.com for more info.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

  • [permaculture] Thailand training, sea . anicca, 09/23/2003