permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Building up natural resistance for Robyn

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jerome Osentowski" <jerome@crmpi.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Building up natural resistance for Robyn
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 07:13:38 -0600

Andrew, Robyn gave you some good advise, I designed an planted out a
system that I called Bio-Islands for a golf course here in Basalt. See our
web site for a tour and article on the project. It is working well today.
We just finished a design for a one acre edable food park that will be
a center focus for a development in so. colo. , and it uses the same
hedgerow concept. Sounds like an up hill battle with all the nozzle heads
around you. When we teach the design course , we talks about site
selection. we have areas like that here in colo. where there are spraying
on all the farm in the area, but still there some farmers that manage to
grow organic within that system. I am lucky to be totally away from all ag
in the middle of a p&J forest. Give it a try, if it doesn't work find a
cleaner site. jerome
--
Jerome Osentowski, Director
Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute

Tel/fax (970) 927-4158 E mail: jerome@crmpi.org

For more information, please visit our web site at <<www.crmpi.org>>