permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Wisdom of our ancestors

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jerome Osentowski" <jerome@crmpi.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Wisdom of our ancestors
  • Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 22:23:26 -0600

to the list, I am always trying to get more flowers into my forest garden ,
and I do enjoy the daffadills in the sping when there is't much else in the
forest garden, however, I am not enjoying them much right now. A week ago I
dug up some early garlic for the kitchen and dug up a dozen dafidill bulbs
by mistake but put them in with the garlic. Hey they do look a little like
shaletts, but I did not think about it at the time. Along come a new
volenteer, and cooks the first night he arrives. It's the two hour stir fry,
where the vegies are still crenchy. He only made it five minutes into the
meal, and ran to the bathroom. We spent some time trying to figure out what
made him sick. We even tossed a loaf of spelt bread that had been around a
while. Only when i went to clean up the counter where he had be cutting the
garlic, did I notice that some of the daffidil had been cut and left on the
counter. Bob ate some raw while he was cooking the meal. I guess the stuff
works faster if you eat it raw. Coral lost her meal a few minutes after
she finshed. I am still hold mine down, but it's not a good trip. Well,
next time I will know to put the dam things back in the ground instead of
taking them into the kitchen. jerome
--
Jerome Osentowski, Director
Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute

Tel/fax (970) 927-4158 E mail: jerome@crmpi.org

For more information, please visit our web site at <<www.crmpi.org>>