permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re:Plant id=Fagopyrum cymosum (LONG)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re:Plant id=Fagopyrum cymosum (LONG)
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 02:11:37 -0700

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
BK wrote:
I looked it up in the pfaf DB and got some more info on it. It looks to be a
really nice PC plant. Does nicely in shadier spots, good growth, and I've
sampled some of its leaves, its actually quite nice sauted with a little
garlic. I think I'll haves to move some divisions over to my garden.
Also, does anyone happen to know of any websites dealing with taxonomic
info? It'd be great if there were a database where you could work your way through leaf shape, stem shape, flower type, etc and be able to figure out what a plant was....

Google search on "plaant taxonomic database"
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Plant+Taxonomic+Database

GRIN TAXONOMY (ARS)
http://www.ars-grin.gov/npgs/tax/
several databases here - some downloadable
> <......>

I put the entire list of PTD resources in both my replies to the list in:

http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/pcwiki/index.php/PTDList

Its really easy to browse and surf from here.

-- amazing; from .html to .txt to WikiPage; easy. - LL
--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net