permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture Teachers Guild Convergence

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, pclistservenv <permaculture@envirolink.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture Teachers Guild Convergence
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:25:10 -0400

Permaculture Teachers Guild Convergence
August 11 - 12th, 2003

(following the 10th Annual Southeast Summer Permaculture Gathering on August 8-10)

Design course graduates and permie teachers of all stripes and ages, join us for two days in the lovely slopes of Southern Appalachia. Let's celebrate the amazing work being done throughout the continent! Come share your success and let the fire of your stories and visions speak. We'll explore how to strengthen the effectiveness and heart of our teaching community and ever-expanding movement.

The convergence is a forum for Pc teachers to exchange ideas, skills and resources as we partake in the forging of a National Permaculture Teachers Guild. Day activities include: teaching module presentations, brainstorming sessions, focus discussion groups, and a hands-on work project. Evenings are reserved for celebration and the opportunity to learn more about local and bio-regional efforts through slides, stories, and creative display.

SHARE YOUR ABUNDANCE! We’re seeking Pc teachers of all experience to present their best 45 minute Pc teaching module at this year’s convergence. Please contact Ricardo Pierce before May 10th.  Email: pierce4101@hotmail.com Phone: (512) 494-0320

LOCATION: Earthaven Ecovillage is an ecospiritually oriented community located approximately one hour southeast of Asheville, NC. On 325 forested acres, Earthaven is a growing community with 55 full members and a steady stream of visitors and students.

ACCOMMODATIONS: Camping facilities (with composting toilets and hot showers) and 6 hearty vegetarian meals are included in the registration fee. There are additional meal fees (listed below) if you join us for Sunday dinner or Wednesday breakfast. Indoor accommodations on or off site are available for an additional fee; contact the A&A House at 828-664-0067, or email tatnfran@earthlink.net

WHAT TO BRING: Bring your own sleeping and camping gear, toiletries, towels, any special foods, flashlight, bug repellant, musical instruments, and rain gear. Permaculture teaching materials, including books, videos, syllabuses, presentations, pictures, slides, etc. will be welcomed for sharing.

FOR MORE INFORMATION about the Pc TEACHERS CONVERGENCE, August 11-12 Contact us at pcteachersguild@hotmail.com or phone (540) 222-0372

  • [permaculture] Permaculture Teachers Guild Convergence, Keith Johnson, 04/21/2003