permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: Inquiry: Efforts to localize food systems]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: Inquiry: Efforts to localize food systems]
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 20:38:06 -0800

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Inquiry: Efforts to localize food systems
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 16:51:44 -0600
From: Dan Anderson <aslan@UIUC.EDU>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Sanet Group,

The Illinois Department of Ag is planning to coordinate a forum in January
2004 to explore Illinoiss' food system and how we might strengthen our
local food systems for smaller scale farmers, consumers and local
processors, etc. As planning begins I thought I'd send out a message to
this group for some feedback on what is already going on in other states
regarding efforts to localize food systems.

Any information you can provide would be helpful. What programs should we
know about as we embark on this?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Dan Anderson
University of Illinois
Agroecology/Sustainable Agriculture Program
217 333-1588
aslan@uiuc.edu

--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net

  • [permaculture] [Fwd: Inquiry: Efforts to localize food systems], Lawrence F. London, Jr., 04/03/2003