permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Reed bed filtered swimming pool

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Felicity Wright" <flickwright@ozemail.com.au>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Reed bed filtered swimming pool
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:03:41 +1030

Such pools are the subject of an article called 'Clear Swimming' in an
Australian Magazine called The Organic Gardener. Volume: Summer 2002. It's a
great article and very tempting in Australia at this time of the year!
Unfortunately for our situation in semi-arid South Australia, the venomous
snakes would also find it very attractive.

They cite that an international consultant in sustainable environmental
design called Michael Littlewood, based in Devon in the UK, is a leading
proponent of such systems. His contact is given as:
michael@ecodesign.freeserve.co.uk

good luck,
flick