permaculture - [permaculture] Re: two extremes in PC

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "D.A. Riley" <permascape@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: two extremes in PC
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:10:09 -0800 (PST)

Jamie, Darren, Mark and others,

I refer to you by name, though we've never met. I've
simply read your postings and opinions therein. I'd
like to believe I am objective about the notions of
how Permaculture is going to get into the public mind,
and by whom the concepts will be communicated.

It seems the use of a design science, and it's
elements, can vary widely according to the environment
in which it is proposed for use; the people, for whom
the design is specific, will appreciate differing
methods on how to create an efficient use of their
land/resources/social structure/invisible structure...

We each have circumstances where our views work best
for us, as individuals within a larger group= our
peers and community. How can one really determine
which is the best way to get the PC message accross to
all these differing groups with fluctuating views.

I have traveled about and am witness to many different
ways in which permaculture touches people and the
land. There is no one way; no one type of delivery
method for a temperate inner-city verses a
sub-tropical rainforest.

Taking a PDC course, reading the material, gaining
some experience, teaching and translating the best way
to offer it up...this is up to me, you and every one
of us.

I like to see the varied responses and ideas about
permaculture. I feel like pushing my personal comfort
zone to communicate with all perceived stereotypes
while putting any bias' behind me... I see the
permaculturist in each and every person!!

DA (woodchopper/water-toter)