permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #428 - 10 msgs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #428 - 10 msgs
  • Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 10:07:11 -0700

Title: Re: [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #428 - 10 msgs

>Yep, though I haven't seen the device myself - a guy built a couple FC
>dwellings near Kalani eco-resort (formerly Kalani Honua) on the red road
>(Puna, Big Island) and I was told he made a small device that fit into a
>drill chuck and would grab the wires and twist them, zip! and it's done,
>next please...with one person on one side placing wires and the other on
>the other side with the drill it sounded pretty quick.

It's also well worthwhile to grab a pair or 3 of ironworker's pliers while you're at the mason's supply. They are very similar to lineman's pliers, but somewhat lighter, and have a spring so they open when you relax your grip, and a curve on the finger-side grip so they don't fallout your hand. They're the pliers for tying wire, and will pay for themselves, for as Einstein proved, time = $ (acc. to Gary Larson, anyway) I use them for bamboo fencing work, too.
-Rick

  • Re: [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #428 - 10 msgs, Rick Valley, 12/01/2002