permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Tarzan the Buddha (WooWoo Vs. Can-Do)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Tarzan the Buddha (WooWoo Vs. Can-Do)
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:07:35 -0700

> From: Claude William Genest <genest@together.net>

> I also
> visited two spiritual/yoga centers ( one for the "One Earth conference which
> I've wrtitten about)..... As concerned and spiritual and sensitive as these
> good folk are, I was amazed to see acres of lawn, old fashioned light bulbs,
> SUV's in the parking lot and mountains of organic food scraps being thrown
> away..... For all their spirituality, the places, practices and actions (
> as far as sustainability goes) were still nothing if not old school
> paradigm.....

YEAH! I've been there!
I think this is part of what makes me nervous about defining zone "0" as
inside yr. head.

And my inner cynic from Missouri keeps on reminding me that the person who
talks all about the fairies and their needs in a design situation is
actually feeding their personnal need for control & manipulation. (*My*
fairies don't buy their clothes from Victoria's Secret)

Even so, I do feel a loneliness in not sharing my spirituality more (lots to
learn there)
and, I'd like to put in a plug for Naka-Ima, the tag for the emotional &
communication workshops done at Lost Valley and a community in Nelson, BC,
as being quite permacordial- very grass-roots, little reliance on
charismatic individuals.

As well as a connected, sensitive designer doing a better design, a designer
with ample communication skills will accomplish much, much more.

"You can't do any worse" only works, I think, if you are learning from your
mistakes (and sharing them publicly, which I see rarely, even in Pc circles-
and there are some massive mistakes around! -none of 'em mine, mind you!)
Right? Roight!

-Rick