permaculture - [permaculture] Cleaning up land - Yeomans Plow system

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, marketfarming@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Cleaning up land - Yeomans Plow system
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 16:48:25 -0400

Anyone know what the URL is for Darren's Australia Felix website - the
one I have been linking to in my PC page is 404land?

A testimony on the Yeomans Plow:
-

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 16:51:05 -0500 (EST)

AUSTRALIA FELIX
LandPlanning Consultants
Project Management, Design & Planning Services & Products
for Sustainable & Productive Land-Use since 1993

Re: Yeomans Keyline Plow

Hello Dan,

I trust that this greets you well! The Yeomans Plow Co. do have an email
address which is yeoplow@onthenet.com.au .
I can highly recommend the plow, we have two: a 3 x 26" shank 3SB model,
and a 9 x 26" shank 9SU model.
The range of attachments they have available is fantastic and allows the
operator to deep rip, mound/hill,
deep fertilise, chisel plow, seed, weed and a lot more. We currently
have our 3SB set up with a single 26" shank
with a Simca 1000mm wide rotary hoe mounted on the back, with two 18"
scalloped offset discs acting as hillers/mounders behind.
Yeomans supplied a special double bearing block which bolted onto the
plow frame, which one joins the PTO from the tractor
to the bearing block, and then another PTO shaft from the block to the
rotary hoe, so there is no long shafts or compromising
angles. This set up we use for single pass ground preparation for trees,
olives and grapes. It works pretty bloody well with
a minimum of energy use and cost.

As mentioned in recent dispatches I have photos available of our working
with the Yeomans Keyline Plow and its many different applications.
I am currently working on a web page which will make available these
images from over 500 properties we have worked on over the past 5 years.
If I were to insert them into email their size would take for ever to
download. So I think its better to wait for the web page.

Please send any further queries to this news group or to us here at
Australia Felix on pcorgbgo@bendigo.net.au or to:

Australia Felix LandPlanning Consultants
14-16 Wood St, Eaglehawk, Victoria, Australia, 3556
Ph. (+61)3 54 418977 Fax (+61)3 54 444483

Cheers

Yours and Growing

Darren J. Doherty

Applied Diploma of Permaculture Design, Permaculture Institute (1995)

Permaculture Design Certificate, Permaculture Institute (1993, 1995)

Whole Farm Planning Certificate (Train the Trainer), University of
Melbourne (1995)

Principal Australia Felix LandPlanning Consultants
Chairman of Directors GIFT (Investments) Pty. Ltd.
President Box Ironbark Farm Forestry Network Inc.

--

L.F.London
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech

  • [permaculture] Cleaning up land - Yeomans Plow system, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 05/14/2002