permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture in Palestine

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Fram <sfram@citycom.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture in Palestine
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 19:38:21 -0800

The Israeli war resisters and peace activists who put out "The Other Israel" newsletter may be worth contacting for this, at least for networking, finding out if they know about Gaza Permaculture. They're probably quite busy at the moment however. They can be reached at otherisr@actcom.co.il

Lee

A few years ago I received email from someone representing an
organization named Gaza Permaculture (or some similar name - don't
remember the exact name - I still have the email, buried in my email
archives) requesting contact, information and resources
related to permaculture. I hear in this afternoon's BBS news that
a group of Palestinians are seeking fairer and more representative
leadership. Perhaps this would be good timing to try and make contact
with those in that group who would be interested in utilizing what
Permaculture has to offer as they rebuild their country, especially
their agriculture, water supplies, energy resources and food systems.
Has anyone heard of Gaza Permaculture or any other Palestinian
permaculture or sustainable farming organizations? Anyone have any email
contacts in that region (Israel included) who might want to
know about this list and permaculture resources on the Web?

LL
--

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech london@ibiblio.org