permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Any Geneticists out there?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Any Geneticists out there?
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 17:58:20 -0600

HI Gene,
My understanding is if you are eating U.S. grown soy it is GMO. The only major growing country of soy without GMO, so far, is Brazil and they sell most of their soy to Europe because of the EU ban on GMO. There is intense pressure from the U.S. on the Brazilian gov. to force them to use GMO. So far Brazil has hung tough - primarily because they have had large and aggressive pressure put on them by environmentalists.

Scott