permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Power of Duck: Integrated Rice & Duck Farming

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Diver <steved@ncatark.uark.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Power of Duck: Integrated Rice & Duck Farming
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:43:53 -0600

Market gardeners here in the Ozarks (36 degrees N lattitude)
grow upland rice for self-sufficiency, not as a cash crop. It is
all done by hand: planting, harvesting, threshing...

The farmer is Mark Cain at Dripping Springs Garden.

Here is an online article based on his experience
with Emilia Hazelip-style permanent mulching.

NO-TILL, MULCH-BASED MARKET GARDENING
http://www.seedballs.com/mcain.html

Kusa is a seed organization we point to for rare
types of grains, ethnic grains, etc.

KUSA Seed Research Foundation
PO Box 761
Ojai , CA 93024