permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Mosquito spraying

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jerome Osentowski" <jerome@crmpi.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Mosquito spraying
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 09:51:33 -0700

Bats under bridge, yes that's how Austin TX. controls their problem, plus
they turn it into a turist attraction. people come to see the bats fly in
and out . hotel window are faceing the bridge. When designing the RFC
golf and fishing club project misquito control was a major concern,since we
were putting lots of lakes and water features for the fishing component. It
was a no brainer. The bats come to the lake for a drink, and eat mosquito ,
The swallos and dragonflys work the day shift. There was no need for Bt
control, but that could have been a back up control if needed. I sit in a
swing chair next to my little pond and watch this adtivity every day during
the summer. we have no mosquitos. Haveing the water is the key . Trading a
drink for free not toxic mosquito control, it's all part of gods plan....
jerome
--
Jerome Osentowski, Director
Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute

Tel/fax (970) 927-4158 E mail: jerome@crmpi.org

For more information, please visit our web site at <<www.crmpi.org>>