permaculture - [permaculture] Re: And finally... a response.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "delius boyus" <permadel@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: And finally... a response.
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:33:59 +0930

Hi Flick - and indeed Nick,

Sorry about the delay - been dealing with the vagueries of free email (and internet access).   Thanks for your response, I thought the coincidences were to great to be ignored.

Meegan (my partner) and I are going fine.  I have been working for about 6 weeks for the Department of Immigration, but took great pride last week in resigning. Always a pleasure, that - but especially as I did so as the Royal Botanic Gardens here in Sydney have offered me a job, which they initally refuesed me - but I'm not ot hold a grudge ;).  So as of the 11th of March I will be working with them on a project putting there Herbarium on-line to make that reference material more easily available.  My part of it is at quite alow level but none the less a great place to work.

Meegan is still working as field officer with ATSIC Sydney office (as she was when I met Nick). We are renting a flat in Hornsby (northern suburbs),  it backs on to bush land but is close to the shops a train - so that is good.

Hope you guys are happy and well - is Nick back from his seed collecting yet?  I know you guys have a place Port Lincoln way - near Coffin Bay I seem to remember and I saw a post about compost septic tanks the other day, any projects on the horizon?  Hows your summer been, our has been very wet, especially the last month - though obviously the Christmas fires were exception to that.

Take care,

Derek

P.S My main email address

megdel@hotmail.com