permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: subsistence/yield

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jerome Osentowski" <jerome@crmpi.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: subsistence/yield
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 15:17:14 -0700

Yes there are a few examples of capitalism ,with a social conscience, but
perhaps not enough of them ,to pull us out of the hole just created by
ENRON. Bill Mollison outlined, this question of yields, in an atricle in the
IPJ #40 page 40 thru and 41. the plant list spill over to page 43. In
just two
pages with photo, Phases of Abundance, from the masters quill, should put
all your question to rest. I think it is his take on this that should
direct us in drawing up our new balance sheet for measuring yeilds in
permaculture gardens. Bill lists the yields from Season 1 thru Season 5.
During year one there is food for the table, year two propagation material
for replanting, barder or sale. year three...... My experience with forest
garden yields have shown simillar yeilds , but take longer in my location.

Whoever is waiting to measure yeilds from mature single trees should read
this article.
--
Jerome Osentowski, Director
Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute

Tel/fax (970) 927-4158 E mail: jerome@crmpi.org

For more information, please visit our web site at <<www.crmpi.org>>