permaculture - [permaculture] Re: permaculture software

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: permaculture software
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 18:29:19 -0500

Hi All,
A while back a friend sent me the following letter which I have not had time
follow up on, but others might.
Keith

here's a page you might find interesting as it offers a
great landscape visualization tool. There is a free version, a $50
version and a $300 professional version.

>From what I've seen, it's well worth the cost at $300 for Permaculture
design use, but I'd start with the free version to get acquainted before
proceeding.

You can supposedly get GIS information on just about anywhere in the
USA, which would potentially help in doing design work on any specific
location. If you try this out, let me know of your reaction, especially
if you think it's missing some cool utility... there is what is called
an SDK for those who are able to do programming and wish to develop
their own unique tools within this working environment.

http://www.woolleysoft.co.uk/genesisIIfree.html