permaculture - Re: FYI: Warning

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <permed@nor.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FYI: Warning
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 01 20:43:34 -0000

I received warning from my server yesterday - Robyn

A New virus called "bad trans" has hit the web and you should update your
virus definitions and perform a full virus scan of your computer.

This virus sends emails to anyone you have not replied to in your email.

If you receive a blank email that has an underscore before the email
address when you go to reply to it, it is a virus. Virus scanners will
only
pick this up if you have updated the virus definitions so the program
knows
what to look for.

There will appear to be no attachments with the email but there is, it is
just hidden from view.

For more information about this virus please visit www.symantec.com