permaculture - Re: Urban Permaculture in Westcliff On Sea

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Graham Burnett" <gb0063551@cableinet.co.uk>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Urban Permaculture in Westcliff On Sea
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 18:20:18 +0100

Hi george

sorry if you didn't like my photo- if I lived in an eco village or
perma-farm with acre's of woodland, orchards and sustainable Fukuoka stylee
no dig grain fields I would have put that up, but the ariel photo of
Rayleigh Ave with it's pretty dense urban development represents where I
live, and hopefully sets a context for the more close up photo's on the
pages that follow, and show that even in such an unpromising looking
situation there is much one can do to promote self reliance and integrated
eco-gardening.

Like ol' Bill says, we start from where we are, so fraid I won't be taking
the picture away, in fact more ariel shots of my allotment will probably
follow soon, I've found 'em on the web (you can even make out the carpets
I've spread over some beds), just got to get around to adding them to the
site,

Cheers, Graham :-)