permaculture - (fwd) Translation resources for permac. related terms

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lflondon@mindspring.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: (fwd) Translation resources for permac. related terms
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:29:46 -0400

On 27 Jun 2001 05:45:48 -0700, in alt.permaculture
kiaikidobcn@yahoo.com (antonio) wrote:

Hi all,
I am into the task of translating some permaculture and related topics
from english into spanish and I am looking for on-line (or not)
resources
to help me translate specific terms which are often used in
permaculture
design. Does anyone know of any good permaculture book which has been
translated
into Spanish or Italian?

In the meantime can anyone help me out with a couple of terms?
Basically I have found that terms such as "swale" don't even exist
both in english (on line or not) dictionaries and in english-spanish
dictionaries.

Then, what's a Midym Green? and what about a Lily Pily? I found these
two terms
in an article's picture about Crystal Waters, representing parts of
what I suppose is a permaculture design.

Any help would be appreciated
All the best

Antonio

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com