permaculture - August design course in USA

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <hemenway@jeffnet.org>
  • To: permaculture digest "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: August design course in USA
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 10:27:47 -0700

14th Annual

PERMACULTURE DESIGN COURSE

Basalt, Colorado
August 20-Sept. 1, 2001

A full certificate course presented at our high-altitude demonstration site.
This is one of the most mature forest gardens in North America and most of
the food served at the course will come from our garden and greenhouses.

Training includes:

Permaculture philosophy and design * Forest gardening
Medicinal Herbs * Observation skills and site analysis
Natural cycles and pattern recognition * Mapping/Surveying
Keyline systems * Marketing Strategies * Local self-reliance
Integrated Pest Management * Agroforestry and tree crops
Appropriate technologies * Composting * Erosion control
Animals and their place in the landscape * Swales * Ponds
Soil building * Greenhouse and other building technologies
. . . and much more!

Expert instructors from around the country:
Peter Bane, Earthhaven
Jerome Osentowski, Director CRMPI
John Cruickshank, Appropriate Technologies, Sunrise Ranch
Toby Hemenway, author of "Gaia's Garden"
Ken Kuhns, Local CSA Farmer
Scott Chaplin, Water Conservation . . . and others.
Cost: $800-$850, sliding scale, $100 non-refundable deposit
$50 discount for registration by June 30, $100 couples discount
Contact: The Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute
PO Box 631, Basalt, Co 81621 Ph/Fx: 970-927-4158
jerome@crmpi.org
for more information, visit CRMPI's website:
http://www.crmpi.org

  • August design course in USA, Toby Hemenway, 05/19/2001