permaculture - Re: what sort of digest is this?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <hemenway@jeffnet.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: what sort of digest is this?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 07:36:21 -0700

Title: Re: what sort of digest is this?
on 4/19/01 9:57 PM, Naomi & Rick Coleman at peds@tpg.com.au wrote:

"I have wondered myself if perhaps this list could have different streams  . . .  A list that focussed on the implementation side of things, and a separate one for activists and discussion of issues globally within the permaculture movement might help."

I'd prefer to stick with one list, as I would subscribe to both of the lists that Naomi describes. And theory always informs practice and vice versa, so I'd like them to stay together. Perhaps always providing descriptive subject headings would help people decide whether to hit the delete key (the heading for this message accurately suggests that it's not about implementation). This list often doesn't have so much traffic on it as to swamp me with email. I don't mind filtering it myself and knowing I haven't missed anything that spans several categories. And I often just make time for writing here even after a busy day; staying in communication with you all is important enough for me.

Toby