permaculture - Re: hay mulch

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mbgrey <mbgrey@mnp.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: hay mulch
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 09:37:01 -0400

Title: Re: hay mulch
If it is thick enough there is no problem except eventual decay. It needs to be covered over each year with more hay mulch. If you use flakes sometimes weeds creep in through flake edges if they are not tightly together. Solution is kick them hard together. Then cover again if flake is not solid.
Do you all remember Ruth Stout? ยจHow to have a great garden with out an aching back or No Work Garden Book. I am doing about 3  acres of herbs with no tilling necessary as long as I plan ahead and keep up with the program.
-- Marty Grey
Meadow Medicinals
11795 State Road 78
Caldwell, OH 43724

  • Re: hay mulch, rick valley, 04/03/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: hay mulch, mbgrey, 04/04/2001
    • Re: hay mulch, Toby Hemenway, 04/05/2001