permaculture - Re: new garden

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: new garden
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:23:14 -0500

Hi Mary,

I too have a "Blank page" four acre property.

My advice to you is:

1. Take the PDc if you haven't already done so ( In Wa. there is the Bullock
Brothers on Orcas Island)

2. Take your time - start small, work outwards from a controlled front,
build on your successes.

3. Provide this list with the results of your zone/sector analysis and I'm
sure you'll get plenty of good feedback ( like I did with my question :-)

> From: "Mary E. Kammin" <sixgeese@yahoo.com>
> Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:41:38 -0500
> To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
> Subject: new garden
>
> My husband and I just purchased a home on almost 4 acres...cleared. We are
> both botanists and want to set up a self sufficient farm...permaculture...
> we have ideas and crops we want...with such a "blank page" we sure want to
> do it right and factor in as many considerations as possible...
> resource suggestions from anyone. We are in Kitsap county, WA State and
> there is a slight slope from the house/barn area down to a pond/wetland
> the ground has been bulldozed so we know some green manure would have been
> great last Sept.....but here we are almost April...locals raise farm
> animals so we have close by chicken/horse...etc manure
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: genest@together.net
> Get the list FAQ at:
> http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/documents/permaculture.faq

  • new garden, Mary E. Kammin, 03/28/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: new garden, Claude Genest, 03/28/2001