permaculture - what does anyone make of this mess?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Yaya Balinci" <yaya@telus.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: what does anyone make of this mess?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:40:28 -0800

My take on this is one comment and several questions. We have SIDS (cott
death, actually sudden infant death syndrome) here in the U.S. as well, and
probably no sheep skins are in use here. Most are atributed to positioning
and bed clothes now. Not allowing loose bed linens and not allowing babies
to lie on their tummies is their solution. My questions deal with how the
arsenic got into the fleeces in the first place, was arsenic used to cure
and treat the fleeces? Or is it in the grasses that they eat in
concentration? That fungi cause the release of gas is also significant of
course.
JimB
Maker of Fiber slings. Ancient weapons from nylon, hemp, or wool. See
http://www.usasn.com/~lbt/burdine.html and
http://www.pipeline.com/~jburdine/index.html for examples of my work and for
more information, or send SASE to The Fiberworks Armory, P.O.Box 27988;Las
Vegas, Nv 89126-1988; USA