permaculture - Re: Economics say all city dwellers must be vegan.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <loren@farwalker.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Economics say all city dwellers must be vegan.
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 08:17:11 -0800

At 04:43 AM 3/15/01 -0800, Yaya Balinci wrote:
(with quotes from the previous author)

> Animals on the other hand, have a mind of their own.

But the carrot is ours to do as we please? We own the carrot because it
lacks something we lack? Now who is the righteous one? Fence it in, then
before it can blossom its flower and sew its seed we can yank it out and eat
it dead?

For anybody who does not believe that plants have feelings, I highly recommend "The Secret Life of Plants", by Tompkins & Bird.

Personally, I find that some of my herbs and vegetables are better company than some of the people I know.

Build soil,

Loren

Loren Davidson Permaculturist, philosopher, writer
loren@farwalker.com http://www.batnet.com/beauty/
AIM: loren334 ICQ: 65291610
"We have to create the future, or others will do it for us" - Gen. S. Ivanova, ret.