permaculture - Re: INTERVIEW-USDA aims to finish organic, meat, ...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mbgrey <mbgrey@mnp.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: INTERVIEW-USDA aims to finish organic, meat, ...
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 04:24:28 -0500

Title: Re: INTERVIEW-USDA aims to finish organic, meat, ...
Interestingly I had some banannas during a vacation at Cape Cod this fall. They were marked with a label that said Organically Certified by Lloyds of London. Only the bananna and the soil were tested. I thought gee that's perfect. All of the middle - certifiers, government, etc were cut out. The food and the soil are tested, then you can say organic with some believability. But it wouldn't handle GMO's

-- Marty Grey
Meadow Medicinals
11795 State Road 78
Caldwell, OH 43724

  • Re: INTERVIEW-USDA aims to finish organic, meat, ..., mbgrey, 01/06/2001