permaculture - ideas welcome.....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: WSM311@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: ideas welcome.....
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:50:24 EST

I've decided on my next project ;-) I want to survey my 10 acres for
everything growing and existing on it. My daughter will capure each in
photos. Then I want to take each thing....for example...a beech tree is
windbreak, firewood, beech nuts, wildlife habitat, the leaves make good
toilet paper, etc.... ;-) I want to come up with evey possible use of
every plant and object, then discover ways to utilize them personally and/or
sell the raw materials or finished product from them. This is putting together
lots of my interests. It should be a good resource for homesteaders and
farmers who want to diversify....a combo of agroforestry, wild edibles,
old time mountain crafts, survivalism, etc. I'm still in the brainstorming
phase. All brain storms welcome ;-)

Wendy   (wsm311@aol.com)
Peace and Carrots Farm
Vermont