permaculture - Re: Permaculture in CA

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Permaculture in CA
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 22:21:26 -0400

Hi Sharon,
Definitely plan on visiting Occidental Arts and Ecology Center. It's a little
more than
an hour north of SF. Our friend Will Hooker (who teaches Pc at NCU) just
finished a
year long trip around the world looking at Permaculture sites and he voted it
as one of
the most beautiful. Also I recommend visiting some of the many community
gardens in the
Bay Area, particularly some of the gardens started by Katherine Sneed and her
prison
garden projects and the SLUG (SF League of Urban Gardeners) gardens. You
should also
visit Penny Livingston's place( and the home of Permaculture Institute of
Northern Ca)
in Pt. Reyes, about 40 minutes N of SF. Will voted it as one of the most
beautiful
examples of a Permaculture system in the world (and all on about an Acre or
less).
Keith Johnson