permaculture - Garden design software

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Graham Burnett" <gburnett@unisonfree.net>
  • To: <organic-l@steamradio.com>, "Kitchen Gardens list" <kitchengardens@onelist.com>, <permacultureUK@listbot.com>, "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>, "Permaculture Association" <permaculture.uk@btinternet.com>
  • Subject: Garden design software
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 02:18:51 +0100

There was a brief thread on this subject a while back, asking for
recommended garden design software- I just found the following which might
be of interest- includes info on several programs which might be suitable...
http://metalab.unc.edu/london/agriculture/faqs/1/msg00019.html

I've just been playing about with a demo of a program called 'Sprout!' by
abracadata software which is the closest I've found to meeting my needs for
garden design software, being specifically oriented towards veggie/edible
gardening rather than ornamental stuff- came on a shareware disc I bought
for £2.00 in a local chainstore- however I then discovered 'save' & 'print'
functions were disabled... Aaargh! Checked out the website to consider
registering & found i'd have to order a copy snailmail-19 dollars, about a
tenner in UK money, reasonable enuf, but post & packing a further 23
dollars- sod that! they can go and whistle! shame tho cos it was a nifty
little program, giving optimum spacings for rows etc, plus ph info, plant
data, planting times, etc, very basic and none of yer '3d walkthrough'
nonsense or other bells & whistles...

Does anybody know of a freeware alternative? or a specific permaculture
oriented design package?

Well you never know....

Graham

  • Garden design software, Graham Burnett, 08/31/2000