permaculture - Re: Buckskin Brain Tanning Workshop

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <hemenway@jeffnet.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Buckskin Brain Tanning Workshop
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:24:14 -0600

Hi Penny:

What a coincidence. Carolyn (spouse) has just gotten interested in tanning
and use of roadkills; she just brought home a roadkill rabbit and skinned
and tanned the pelt, her first time. She's been talking about workshops, and
may go to yours. I'll be back east during that time, or I'd go too. Please
send us info about registration.

Here the deer belong to the state and it's illegal to harvest roadkills.
That's crazy, so we just try not to get caught.

I also want to talk to you about visiting your Sept PDC, maybe doing a
session or so. I mentioned this to Brock a few days ago, too; he's into it.
I'll be running our regional PC gathering on Sept 22-24 and leaving for CT
on the 26th, but I could come down just before that. My specialties are
soils, guilds, greywater, nutrient cycling, and microclimates (you know, the
science guy), but I could plug in just about anywhere. You'd mentioned that
you can't pay for travel, which is fine; anything else you can eke out would
work, I'm sure. Shall we work on it?

Hope all is well,

Toby