permaculture - Re: permaculture digest: July 31, 2000

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Judith Hanna <jehanna@gn.apc.org>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: permaculture digest: July 31, 2000
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 12:23:35 +0100

Lance Roseman wrote:
> I find this
>whole topic (who owns what and who gets what from whom
>when) to be quite a big put-off. I might as well just
>use the techniques and call the whole thing
>'lancescaping' and just ignore all of this gibberish.
>We are too far along the pathway of no return to
>squabble about ownership and copyrights. PERIOD.
> .. Permaculture is
>about_____, ....
>Sign me off
>Lance

What I find valuable about this international list is the digging into the
complications and inner messiness of permacultural concepts. I also belong
the the permaculture UK list, which has more of the practical 'getting
started' information exchange. (Myk: I think I may have lost contact with
the AL list you set up at one stage -- or is it that list that has gone
inactive?)

Lance highlights the need for keeping these two sorts of discussion
separate -- are there other lists that focus on the 'getting into
permaculture' practical experience sharing? Should the list custodians set
up two separate lists?

Judith Hanna
jehanna@gn.apc.org
15 Jansons Rd, Tottenham, London N15 4JU