permaculture - Re: all theory thread (long)[longer still]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mbgrey <MBGREY@mnp.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: <mjakubal@asis.com>
  • Subject: Re: all theory thread (long)[longer still]
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 07:30:01 -0400

As a retired from political activism and now eco herbalist growing
endangered medicinals, I really enjoyed your comments. Some of your thoughts
echo mine completely. I've been lurking on the permaculture subject for
several years. I am beginning small with no idea of vocabulary but wishes of
less work and how to not till 100 year old dairy meadow, i.e. turf busting
seems like a waste of time. I think you are going to have to apply your
philosophy of strategy to your own efforts. I want to grow shade and soil.
So I have to start with the meadow I have. It is going to take more time,
and the farm inputs of inplace composted hay. The stuff breaks down great in
one year and then can be easily planted in. The shade I want will be here in
about 3-4 years, and meanwhile my underplanting of comfrey is doing great.
The elderberries are good too.
--
Marty Grey
Meadow Medicinals