permaculture - Re: getting a lawn with the neighbors

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: rick valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: getting a lawn with the neighbors
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 00 17:35:13 -0700

>I get a bit concerned when neighbors are disrespected. What's the use of
>creating productive yards if we live in a state of war over it?
It can get absolutely vicious: one friend was ordered by the city to
eliminate the dandelions that grew hog-wild after she started mulching. But
it can also be quite congenial; I have trained more than one neighbor to
deliver lawn clippings to me. I always make it a point to go around and meet
them all, say hello, wave, share flowers and produce, admire gardens, and not
be overbearing about my beliefs and goals. I've had a few nozzle-headed,
sneaking, back-stabbing *^&##@ neighbors, but even them I have managed to
co-exist with; they could have (legally) made my life there difficult.
Flowers- every comment about flowers is spot-on! Ya can't forget the flowers!
-Rick

Rick Valley Northern Groves
PO Box 1236, Philomath, OR 97370
Mobile-(541)602-1315, hm.& msg. (541)929-7152 Bamboo catalog $3 or at
<http://www.teleport.com/~dbrooks/bamboo.html>
"Useful Bamboos and other plants‹ Permaculture education‹ Ecological design &
consultation centering on water,landform and horticultural systems"

  • Re: getting a lawn with the neighbors, rick valley, 05/28/2000