permaculture - Re: granite fertilizer?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Barry & Margarita <bmn@iglou.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: granite fertilizer?
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 08:23:05 -0400

Where I live (Louisville, KY), there are several quarries close. Rock
dust is waste to many of them. They quarry for gravel and building
stone. So, if it is a situation where it will simply wash into the
quarry pools and later to the streams, I don't see it as a sustainable
issue, I see it as a reuse of waste. Clearly from an environmental
perspective, it is better to reuse the waste. However, purchase of rock
dust from quarries who specialize in it as an ammendment or other
product is not as sound a practice.
--
Please note and remove the spamblock "faux." from my reply-to address
above in order to send a reply. I use it to block some of the junk

  • Re: granite fertilizer?, Barry & Margarita, 05/25/2000