permaculture - Re: Permaculture in the Tropics!!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: michaellockman@juno.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Permaculture in the Tropics!!
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 18:28:59 -0700

Keith-

Found this old message in my saved file. Can you please add two listings
to the Global Permaculture Contacts and Resources listing posted at The
Permaculture Activist Site?

Thanks,

Michael Lockman

1)WE-Design
Michael Lockman
PO Box 45472
Seattle, WA 98145
206-459-7022
michaellockman@juno.com
www.we-design.net

WE-Design is an ecological design firm specializing in land-use planning,
sustainable development, edible landscaping, backyard wildlife habitat,
and rainwater catchment. WE-Design also offers Permaculture workshops.

WE-Design works with residential and commercial clients to design and
implement functional landscapes that combine edible landscaping, backyard
wildlife habitat and rainwater catchment to provide food, habitat,
privacy, shade, and enjoyment. These landscapes are low-maintenance,
stable, diverse, and healthy, just like natural ecosystems, and can be
designed to mitigate many environmental concerns.

2) Bullock Brothers
PO Box 107
Deer Harbor, WA 98243
360-376-2773
www.we-design.net/permaculture

For the past 18 years the Sam, Joe and Doug Bullock have been living with
their families on 10 acres on Orcas Island, Washington in the San Juan
archipelago. Their homestead is a working example of sustainable design &
living with food forests, greenhouses, passive-solar house construction,
solar electricity, appropriate technology, aquaculture, & more. By
combining their love of travel & botany, the BullocksÂ’ have assembled a
collection of edible & useful plants that include species from Russia,
the Tropics, Mexico, & Japan.

The Bullocks' offer internships and Permaculture Design Courses.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 13:19:58 -0500 Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
writes:
> April,
> You're welcome to use the Global Permaculture Contacts and Resources
> listing posted at The Permaculture Activist Site (since June 98)
> (<http://metalab.unc.edu/pc-activist>). I am continuing to update it
> as
> folks write me with changes, but I suspect there have been many
> changes
> of which I am unaware. Perhaps we should compare lists to help each
> other make the necessary changes and updates. Once you have your
> list
> posted, I will be happy to point our visitors to your site and I
> hope
> vice versa.
>
> Anyone else reading this who is NOT listed as a Permaculture contact
> at
> our site, please let me know who and where you are and what you're
> doing, so I can update the list.
> Thanks,
> Keith Johnson
>
> askpv wrote:
>
> > Dear Marsha and anyone else interested in contributing,i would
> like
> > more information.I am trying to put together a start for a
> collection
> > of names andcontact numbers for a newinternational directory
> online,
> > seeing as it has been removed by PIJ.anyone who has time and
> computer
> > to make the list can take the project overand many people would
> > benefit from their efforts.April

  • Re: Permaculture in the Tropics!!, michaellockman, 05/07/2000