permaculture - Re: prickly pear

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal@iname.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: prickly pear
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 12:48:50

Way to go, Mikal! Do you know that there is no germplasm for ANY prickly
pear cactus (even the hybrids) left in the National Germplasm
repositories?

I would appreciate it if you could keep me posted on your trials and
progress with the cultivation and cross-pollination of your new nopal
variety. Maybe you should consider having a patent put on it so that some
of the germplasm will get into the repository. I'm afraid that soon,
without everyone's help, ALL nopal will eventually be on the endangered
list. Progress and all, you know.

Blessings,
Ava

  • Re: prickly pear, Ava Devenport, 05/02/2000